The R.C.I.A. Journey
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Pre-Catechumenate (Inquiry) If you are interested in exploring your faith, this Inquiry period will provide you with the following:
• A time for getting acquainted
• A time for awakening to where you are in faith
• A time for recognizing the Lord in your life
• A time for sharing the Gospel message
• Evenings of questions, input, sharing for all Seekers
• A Saturday Story Retreat
• A time for formal learning about Catholicism
• A time for praying about your journey in faith
• A time for growing in faith by developing an understanding of Church teachings
Sunday Ritual Celebrations:
• RITE OF ACCEPTANCE INTO THE CATECHUMENATE for the unbaptized
• RITE OF WELCOME for those already baptized who are preparing for full communion
• CALL TO CONTINUING CONVERSION of those already baptized
Breaking Open the Word:
• Adult Catechumens and Candidates are dismissed from Mass after the Liturgy of the Word with a Catechetical Team to explore the Sunday readings.
Catechetical Sessions follow the Mass every weekend
Purification & Enlightenment During Lent for the Elect:
• A time for purifying and preparing for Easter through special Sunday rituals and a retreat day.
• Sunday Celebration of RITE OF ELECTION OF CATECHUMENS-- those to be baptized
• Sessions for the Elect continue Sundays through Lent
• Continued prayer, questions, discussion, input, and sharing
• EASTER VIGIL
• The time of commitment for the Elect.
• Celebration of the SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION
• RITE OF RECEPTION into the full communion of the Roman Catholic Church for those baptized in another Christian tradition
Post-Easter Time of Mystagogia
• A time of nurturance
• A time for discovery of gifts in new members. Sessions continue after Easter and go through Pentecost to reflect together on the mystery of our Easter experience and how we can share that experience in Ministry & Community
PENTECOST: The Journey Continues...
• Each Catechumen and Candidate remains in the RCIA process for a minimum of one year so that each experiences a complete cycle of Liturgical seasons.
Please click here to read more about RCIA
Are you interested in learning about the Catholic Faith? You are welcome to begin a journey of exploration & faith with the people of St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Faith Community.
For information call: Chari Rosales in the Adult Faith Formation Office: 355-8980 ext 138 or send an inquiry to Chari.
GLOSSARY OF RCIA TERMS